Autumn is a busy time here at Bioenergy Life Science. We are gearing up for some major industry events, preparing to announce something new for anyone interested in how ribose can help with energy maintenance and muscle recovery, and our Team Ribose athletes are stepping up their training in anticipation of the Olympics and other world games.
Now is a good time to reflect on five things we’d like you to know about ribose, whether you are a food and beverage formulator who is interested in including Bioenergy Ribose in your products, an athlete looking to add ribose to your training arsenal, or simply someone who wants to understand how ribose might be able to satisfy your energy needs.
1. Ribose is natural. Every cell in our body makes ribose. Ribose is the rate-limiting compound in the production of energy compounds called Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP), which are like fuel for our cells. ATP provides us with the energy to run our bodies. It releases energy much like burning wood releases heat (energy) as its carbon bonds break. Our bodies are great at recycling. Each ATP molecule in our bodies gets used up and regenerated about 10,000 times a day.
2. Supplementing with ribose may help you reach your fitness goals. If your body is rapidly using your stores of ATP (for instance when you go for a jog or shovel snow) and it doesn’t have enough ribose on hand to replenish its energy compounds, then it’s got to make them another way. That alternative process can be slow, and it may even result in an unhealthy accumulation of toxic molecules.
Meanwhile, as you wait for your body to create more ATP, you will still be in a recovery mode. That’s why you may still feel sluggish, stiff or sore even after you’ve rested for a while. Some cells make ribose quickly. Others – including cells in your heart and muscles – make it very slowly because they are designed to preserve glucose. But when you supplement with ribose, your body will be able to quickly rebuild the depleted ATP and you’ll recover from exercise much faster. You also won’t fatigue as quickly, so you may be able to train longer and harder.
3. Bioenergy Ribose is the only ribose that is affirmed Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA). By using Bioenergy Ribose, you will have the benefit of using the world’s premier distributor of D-Ribose while also ensuring that it is not considered “adulterated” for failure to comply with the U.S. FDA.
4. Bioenergy Ribose is patented. Any product containing ribose and designed for increasing or replenishing energy, alleviating soreness or cramping, building lean muscle mass, improving athletic performance or any other application covered by our patent portfolio, must contain only Bioenergy Ribose.
5. Ribose helps lower the glycemic load. Sure it tastes sweet, but it won’t cause blood sugar spikes.