So tired that you feel as if you need to push yourself to keep going? Feeling drained even first thing in the morning? Fatigue is a common complaint, especially among baby boomers. Bioenergy Ribose has been shown to help people suffering from debilitating heart disease to overcome fatigue. It makes sense that it can also help healthy people with their energy levels.
A randomized, placebo-controlled study completed in 2010 supports this idea. Twenty baby boomers (ages 50-65), who complained of persistent fatigue but who had no known cardiovascular, pulmonary or metabolic disease, were given either 6 grams of Bioenergy Ribose daily (3-gram doses twice daily) or a placebo.
After just two weeks, the Bioenergy Ribose group experienced new energy and greater exercise tolerance, as measured by:
• Oxygen uptake (VO2): A measure of aerobic fitness.
• Net energy expenditure: The caloric expenditure and amount of energy consumed from both carbs and fats. The higher your net energy expenditure, the more exercise you can do and the less oxygen you need to do it.
• Heart rate to metabolic equivalents (METS) ratio: How hard the heart has to work relative to oxygen consumption. A low number means the heart is more efficient at delivering oxygen to muscles. Getting more oxygen to muscles is what overcoming fatigue is all about.
Supplementing with Bioenergy Ribose may be what you need to get more energy so that you might overcome fatigue, get more exercise and to improve the quality of your life.
Other factors that might affect your energy level:
• Not getting consistent, quality sleep every night: Sleep may become a challenge as you get older. Creating a cool, quiet and dark sleep environment; going to bed the same time each night; and sleeping on quality bedding may all help.
• Dehydration: Even mild dehydration can make you feel tired. Drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid a day.
• Lack of exercise: It may seem counter-intuitive, but studies have shown that mild exercise helps to increase energy levels. The next time you feel like taking a nap, try going for a walk instead.
Instead of feeling exhausted, start enjoying more of this vibrant time of your life!